Friday, May 3, 2013

Watch out for that tree !

Watch out for that tree--or why I had to buy a new cell phone.
On Mondays, I fish with my pal Steve at his secret pond.
We fish from a pontoon boat that has no seats, railing or much of anything else.
The only motor is a high thrust electric trolling motor mounted on the bow. 
Recently, the motor control has been acting up.
Today, one of the other guys fishing on the boat got his lure caught in a tree out in the middle of the pond.  (The water in the pond is still high from all the rain.)
So as we were going over to the tree to free the lure, the high thrust motor got stuck in full speed ahead, and wouldn’t stop or steer.
Since I was closest to the front of the boat, and the motor, I bent over to unplug the motor control plug. 
When that had no effect, I reached to unplug one of the dual batteries.
Just as we hit the tree.  You can imagine what happened next. 
I was head over heels off the front of the boat.  Smacked the tree, and went under water.
Which brings us back to the mention of why I had to buy a new cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment