Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 19, 2012

Today was probably the last fishing day of the year on Steve's pond.  There were six of us on the boat, and we pretty much covered the pond with different baits and lures.  And lots of chit chat.

At the beginning of the year, most of the large crappie we caught measured 13".  Today, the larger ones were 14".  Can't wait til next year.

Steve had to show that his was bigger than mine.

But I caught up later.




Almost everyone on the boat was catching crappies.  Some were using crank baits, some were using live bait.  I was using a very small jig, and moving it slowly.  Nobody had hooked a bass.    I thought give it a shot, so I tied on a blue lizard.  After quite a few casts, I hooked something, but before I got it to the boat, it threw the hook--but kept my lizard.  I got out a purple curly tail worm, and started throwing it.  On about the third cast in the same area, I got a strike.  As I got this bass to the boat, he spit out my purple lizard from the first hook-up.  You'd think he'd learn.  Or maybe he just likes the taste of plastic.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment