Thursday, August 29, 2013

A feather in Dawg's cap

Back on the White River again today.  Both Rich and Dawg said it was the best fishing day ever.  They both caught several nice smallmouth bass.

Here a self portrait from Rich 


Here's a couple of fish from Dawg. 



 Here's one of my self portraits


The two largest fish of the day didn't make it into the boat.  With the first  one, I thought it would be cool to take some underwater video of the big fish swimming around my kayak.  The water is clear, and I have a waterproof camera.....what could possibly go wrong?  I didn't take any chances with the second, but he just got away.  Since I'm not in a tournament, I can still say I had fun.  I fished with Jacob Wheeler one day last year.  (He was just coming off a tournament win where he won $500,000 in a bass tournament.)  At that same tournament this year, Jacob had one bad day out of the 4 day tourney.  Maybe he had a couple of big ones get away just like I did today.  He finished 2nd.  The difference in prize money between 1st and 2nd place was $425,000.  Makes my lost fish today seem insignificant.
  

1 comment:

  1. What a great day!!!! In my limited fishing experience, it seemed like mid to late summer when the water was warm, the fish went deep... And they were hard to snag... But, you guys proved that wrong...

    Keep the fishing stories coming... Enjoyed them all!!!

    TLW

    ReplyDelete