Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back in the cloud belt

Leaving Florida and coming back to Indiana in March has never seemed like a good idea to me.  This year confirmed my thoughts.  But now it's April, and my month-long hibernation is over.

I had an opportunity to fish in Steve's secret pond last week.  Afterwards, I said I thought I had caught at least 20 bass.  I got some doubtful looks, so yesterday, I counted the number of bass I caught.  We fished from 1:00 until 4:30.  My final count was 37 bass.  Most of the bass were between one and two pounds.  No real biggies, but tons of fun.  All were caught on a spinner bait.

One of the other guys who is lucky enough to get invited to the secret pond is Shelly.  He also has a "secret" pond.  The pond is not really secret, but it has limited access.  Shelly invited me to join him on his lake last week for some fishing.

Shelly caught a nice 8 pound hybrid striper.



I caught a nice 4 pound largemouth.




1 comment:

  1. Great looking fish... With out giving away to many of your secrets, could you give us some more specifics on the bait/lures you use??? TLW

    ReplyDelete